Aside from being serious scholars, medievalists can also be silly. Here are some fun examples of medievalists being silly with the materials we all enjoy.
- Fun with emojis
- De La Conquete de Constantinople, by Tobias Hrynick
- A 21st Century Bayeux Tapestry
- Sounds of the Bodleian Library , Duke Humfrey’s Library
- A new solution for the Voynich manuscript, proposed by Lisa Fagin Davis.
- Buddha’s To-do List, by Seth Rodney
- Medieval Rolls, Elaine Treharne
- Killer Rabbits in Medieval Manuscripts
- Can’t See the Wood for the Trees: The Mysterious Meaning of Medieval Penis Trees by Elizabeth Wilson
- Got Medieval Blog
- Newly Found Scripture Reveals Buddha Gave Remote Sermon, Struggled with A/V Issues, by Matthew Abrahams
- For all you Star Wars fans, Sacred Texts: Codices Far, Far Away (a series of videos) by Brandon Hawk and Dot Porter (really fun!).
It’s funny, because it’s true. pic.twitter.com/saiTOYY83T— Peter Kruschwitz (@petrifiedmuse) March 21, 2020